Iztok Sila in Barbara Modic
Iztok Sila and Barbara Modic
Founder and marketing consultant
I have been involved in marketing all my professional life, working on the agency and client-side, for local and international advertising networks. I catered for exciting national, regional, and global brands that came from various sectors (automotive, telecommunications, tourism, fashion, sports, and publishing).
Currently, I collaborate with various companies and help them achieve success as a leader or a member of multiple teams. In addition, I give lectures, mentor, host talks, moderate round-table discussions, both home and abroad.
Some of my previous roles:
- Head of marketing and PR at publishing house Mladinska knjiga Založba.
- Marketing Director at Telekom Slovenia.
- Client service director at a full-service communication agency Digitel.
- Managing director at communication agency Imelda-Ogilvy.
- Account Director at a full-service communication agency Luna.
- Marketing Council of the Slovenian Olympic Committee.
More facts about me:
- Habilitated senior lecturer for marketing, currently teaching at Gea College for Entrepreneurship, at the School for viticulture and enology (University of Nova Gorica), at B2 Ljubljana School of Business, Faculty of Commercial and Business Sciences and Doba Faculty of Applied Business and Social Studies Maribor. I also teach Project Management and Business Communication and Leadership at the Vocational College for Hospitality, Wellness, and Tourism at Bled.
- Marketing director of the year by Slovenian Marketing Association.
- One of the first MBA graduates from what is now known as the IEDC-Bled School of Management.
- Active in various professional associations and institutions, helping shape the marketing profession and steer its development: Advertising Tribunal at the Slovenian Advertising Chamber, a long-standing member of the Management Board of the Slovenian Marketing Association.
Marketing, Media and Sustainability consultant
I am a Business Developer. My passion is to inspire and empower companies, teams, and individuals to unlock their potential and create value responsibly.
I’ve been around for quite a while and had the opportunity to work with companies of all sizes from retail, automotive, FMCG, finance, engineering, and tech sectors. I have more than 20 years of experience in marketing and media buying which I enriched with sustainability leadership in recent years.
My professional habitat has always been and still is highly competitive, packed with very demanding clients where I usually orchestrate multidisciplinary teams.
My previous roles:
- Managing director at media Pristop Media
- New business and managing director at international media agency OMD
- Sales director at Studio Moderna
- Sales executive and deputy sales director at the leading TV company in Slovenia Pro Plus
Some more facts about me:
- Helped build three companies from the ground up.
- Certified for Sustainability Leadership and CSR by London Business School.
- Received several industry awards for marketing effectiveness.
- The company I managed ranked among the 50 best independent agencies in Europe by the Effie Index.
- Participated in more than 200 media buying pitches in the Adriatic region and organized international media pitches for my clients.
- Had the privilege to judge the Global Best of the Best Effie Awards by Effie Worldwide and Global WARC Awards.
- Served as a President of Slovenian Advertising Festival and President of Effie Awards in Slovenia.
- +386 40 74 00 74